I can identify the main idea and details in a nonfiction article.
I can learn facts about the life and contributions of Nelson Mandela.
I can form opinions about what makes a leader and reflect on how I can be a leader.
Third graders are really special people. They have a keen sense of fairness and justice without the cynicism and subjectivity employed by many adults. Third graders KNOW things...things that are not explicitly taught or tested. They just know. For example. To start today's lesson, I asked my third graders to define a leader. Without any prompting, here is what they had to say....
- a leader is kind
- a leader is someone who is willing to make peace
- a leader is someone who won't fight with you
- a leader will stop a civil war
- a leader will stand up for others
- a leader helps solve problems
- a leader is someone who makes you want to follow in their footsteps
- a leader unites people
No comments:
Post a Comment