THE MEMBERGOTS
"I coming coke, I coming fries" Dylan on going to Nonnie's house
"That's not Jossi's rule" Jossi on potty training
The Membergots, they are not alien beings....No, you know those things that are important that you remember that you forgot? Those are the membergots. My son coined that phrase when he was two or three and it always makes me smile. That's the magic of membergots...they make you smile when you remember them, because they are important.
My membergot today is that 1) I am so fortunate and 2) I can ask for what I want to create in each day. Setting an intention or cultivating the flow doesn't mean I get to control it but it does set a compass. I see a lot of my kids need that compass set in the morning. I am so lucky I get to do that with my morning meetings. I have a theme, a game, a message, a writing activity...something to tap in. I think this is the most magical part of my day. It is non-negotiable in my work as a teacher and a human being given the mission of guiding little people through the world of third grade. It is the GROUND work. It is not scripted but it is absolutely embedded in every program and everything I have learned and everything I believe and it is my best membergot in the classroom. Now I will give my kids the gift of setting their own compass....asking for what gifts they want to see in their day. My "true north" wall is a powerful and magnetic compass. I membergot it....
No comments:
Post a Comment